Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Junior dos Santos believes he can beat both Klitschko brothers


The Klitschko brothers are the two best heavyweight boxers in the world, and former UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos believes his hands are good enough to beat both Wladimir or Vitali.


Days prior to his second shot at the UFC title against heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez on Oct. 19 in Houston, Texas, "Cigano" told Ariel Helwani on Monday’s "The MMA Hour" that he still wants to compete in the boxing ring against the best.


"I’ve said that sometimes," dos Santos said. "I’m a boxing guy. I love to box with my training partners and everything but now everybody is saying this, everybody wants to fight with boxing guys. It’s become not sincere. When I say that, I’m sincere."


Dos Santos’ training camp for a MMA bout normally starts three months before the fight, and he said he would need only an extra month to prepare for a professional boxing match with either Klitschko brother.


"I think if they give me four months to get prepared, I can beat them," he said. "In the beginning of my all my camps, I do just boxing. I love to train boxing and I think I have enough skills in boxing. I know how to see a good fight. Four months, that’s what I need."


"Cigano" said he already spoke with UFC president Dana White about this possibility in the past, and he plans to do it again in the future.


"I did talk to Dana but just a little bit once," he said. "It wasn’t very serious. Next time, maybe I’ll do that."


Source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/14/4838498/junior-dos-santos-ufc-166-klitschko-brothers-mma-news
Category: walking dead   suntrust   will ferrell   rose byrne   Aaron Alexis  

No comments:

Post a Comment